Event Rules and Regulations
Get to know the rules and regulations of the Cod Classic Fishing Event before you participate.
Rules & Regulations
- All species caught must comply with fishing regulations as required by NSW authorities.
- Fish must be caught on either fishing rods or hand lines.
- The minimum legal size for Murray Cod is 55cm.
- Best fish handling procedures must be adhered to.
- The minimum size being recorded for any Golden Perch caught during the Cod Classic is 45cm.
- Participants must be aware that you can use no more than 2 rods with 2 hooks in both Lake Mulwala and the Murray River.
- If fishing in the river, participants must not fish above or tie onto the yellow buoys directly below the weir wall.
- Entrants must comply with NSW & VIC Waterways boating regulations and other relevant legislation.
- It is the responsibility of participants to be fully aware of regulations covering appropriate boat licenses and safety equipment for NSW & VIC waters.
- The committee reserves the right to inspect any equipment or bait used by participants.
- All regulations as outlined above must be adhered to. Breaches of these regulations will result in disqualification of the offending angler.
- Any boat found containing illegal equipment or bait will result in disqualification of all participants in the boat.
- Participants may only have fish measured that have been angled by themselves. Transferring of fish to other participants is not allowed.
- Any participant found to be in breach of any of the above rules or regulations will be removed from the event.
- Murray Cod - Catch & Release Prize Draw
Open to participants who catch a legal-size Murray Cod and have the photograph verified as per event regulations. Participants go into a random draw to win a 3.90mtr Quintrex Boat, 15hp Yamaha motor, trailer, Humminbird Fish Finder, framed fishing print (perpetual) donated by Tackleworld Wagga and numerous other prizes. There will be additional prize draws for Catch & Release Cod.
- Murray Cod - Mulwala Football Netball Club Champion of Champions
Participant who releases the longest Murray Cod. Numerous prizes and perpetual shield.
- Golden Perch - Longest
Participant who releases the longest Golden Perch.
- Murray Cod - Stumpjumper Lures Catch & Release Prize Draw
Open to participants who catch a legal-size Murray Cod and have the photograph verified as per event regulations. Participants go into a random draw to win numerous prizes plus a selection of Stumpjumper Products. There will be additional prize draws for Catch & Release Cod.
- Murray Cod - Bassman Spinnerbaits Jr Champion of Champions
Participants who releases the longest Murray Cod. Numerous prizes and perpetual shield.
- Golden Perch - Longest
Participants who releases the longest Golden Perch.
European Carp - Open Section
All participants, both Adult and Junior who catch a European Carp and have it measured at a land based measuring station/collection point, will go into a draw to win a 3.90mtr Quintrex Explorer Boat, 15hp Yamaha motor, trailer and a Humminbird Fish Finder.
European Carp – Longest
Open to all European Carp caught by either Adults or Juniors
Prizes will be given to the second and third longest Murray Cod / Golden Perch / European Carp in both Adult, Junior and Open sections.
The Cod Classic is a total CATCH & RELEASE event for all MURRAY COD & GOLDEN PERCH
A camera and measuring device / brag mat are compulsory.
All legal-size Murray Cod and 45cm+ Golden Perch must be photographed as per requirements then released ASAP upon capture.
Photographs will be verified at competition HQ at the end of each day’s fishing.
From 6.30am - 6.30pm Saturday 2nd December.
From 6.30am - 10.30am Sunday 3rd December.
Lake Mulwala - Fishing must take place between the general vicinity of the junction of the Murray & Ovens Rivers at Bundalong down to 200mtrs from the Yarrawonga Weir.
Murray River - From 200mtrs below the weir wall to Bruces Beach N02 (approx 12kms downstream).
Order Merchandise using the form
If you would prefer to place your orders by filling out the order form and posting it to us, please click below to download that.
*One form per person.